So searching for recipes, I chose this one:
Ingredients (adapted to what I have):
Plain flour 200g Self-Raising flour 100g 100% cocoa powder 50g 1 teaspoon of corn flour 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1 teaspoon of baking powder Half a teaspoon of salt Cold butter 200g Brown sugar 130g White sugar 70g 2 free range eggs - beaten room temperature 300g 80% dark chocolate in pieces 20g of mixed nuts crashed
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, corn, baking soda/powder, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into a small cubes.
- Chop chocolate tablets into small pieces.
- In a big enough bowl, cream the butter and sugar. I do it by hand.
- Add eggs in 3 separate steps, and keep mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour mix), and mix lightly until you still see unmixed flour.
- Add chocolate pieces and nuts. Mix lightly.
- Cover and move the dough to the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Weight 170gr of dough per cookie. Make a ball and place it on a tray.
- Move the try to the fridge for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 200℃ and bake it at 180℃ for 10 minutes.
- Let them rest for 15 minutes or more until the surface is a bit hard. If not they will break down in your hand.
Obviously, they dont look like the ones in the video or the other sites but they were good.
Difficult to believe, but they dont taste super sweet. I used 100% cocoa powder and 85% dark chocolate. Still one cookie has the amount of chocolate and sugar that I take in one week 😛
You can put the rest of cookies in the freezer! And enjoy fresh baked cookies any day!!! (I had three left over)
- They where in the oven for 13 minutes or more… so they flat out more than I wished.
- They are very big cookies so make sure they have plenty of room. I only put four and one moved when I put the tray in the oven.
Another time, I will try the walnut one.