I had low expectations in this book after reading the third part. But I was surprised at the beginning about the new setup of the planet, Leto and new twists. The “philosophical” moment of Leto are a bit boring because I got to the point I dont know what he is talking about but I liked when he mentioned Torquemada when discussing about religions. The end of the book wasn’t really great but I enjoyed it overall. Looking forwards for the next chapter!
Month: September 2022
Squid Ink Pasta
I had squid ink leftover and while on holidays I saw in a restaurant a dish of squid ink past that looked very good so I decided to try. And this video looked like a good recipe.
Ingredients for pasta:
- 100g 0.0 flour
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tbs squid ink for pasta
Process for pasta:
- In a crystal bowl, make a heap with the flour and then a hole in the middle where you crack the egg and add the ink
- With a fork start mixing the egg with the flour from inside the circle to the outside.
- In a work surface, cover it if you can with baking paper, and knead the dough. Keep in mind this can stain your surface kitchen and/or your hands.
- Knead until smooth. Dont add flour.
- Cover the dough with film and let it rest for 30 minutes
- Rolling the pasta manually is quite hard. Use a rolling spin and flour. Try to flat as much as you can the dough.
- Once it is spread enough, with a shark knife try to make spaguetties.
- With plenty of flour to avoid to dry out, leave the pasta in a tray.
Ingredients for sauce
- 1 can of tomate sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 1-2 gloves of garlic
- drizzle of white wine
- 2 tbs squid ink
- 400g frozen squid
Process for sauce
- In a hot pan with a gulp of olive oil, cook the onions
- Add the minced garlic and cook with onions. Avoid burning them!
- Add squid. Cook it through!
- Add a splash of wine
- Add the tomate sauce and stir
- In a pan with boiling water, put the pasta for 90sec.
- Add squid ink to the tomate sauce and mix
- Add the pasta and a bit of pasta water in the tomate sauce
- Mix all well.
- Ready to serve!
To be honest, my pasta was too thick 🙁 but it was tasty enough. I dont cook homemade pasta too often so maybe it is one of the reasons. I dont want to buy another machine just for pasta though.
Anyway, it was nice to try!
I was looking for a homemade snack bar and this video with a good one.
- 1 cup of nuts, chopped (any type)
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs of vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup of coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup of cranberries or peel fruit (optional)
- Prepare a small tray with baking paper
- Mix tahini, maple and vanilla in a bowl
- Add oats, nuts, coconut and cranberries. Mix all well
- Pour mix in tray, spread it evenly.
- Chill in fridge for 1-2h (better freezer)
To be honest my first attempt was quite bad as I didnt have enough tahini.
The second one was a bit better but doesnt look very “solid” like in the video. I think I need to try the freezer.
Tastes good and is not very sweet. Doesn’t feel like chewing sugar.