Last weekend I spent it with Q, and we had a great time. I tried a couple of new things food-wise that really impressed. This is one of them.
Initially I thought it was a burger but then my friend told me that it was zucchini/courgette. So we gave it a try, and it was really good (and we were a bit hungry too 🙂 So I tried to find something in the Internet and I went for this recipe:
- 2 medium zucchini/courgette shredded (you can try 3)
- 1 small onion shredded or 4-5 spring onions chopped
- 1 small potato shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 bunch of dill
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 100g feta cheese
- 150g plain flour
- salt + pepper
- sunflower oil for frying.
- Squeeze the liquid from the zucchini. Leave the zucchini in a bowl
- Add onion, potato to the zucchini.
- Add finely chopped dill and parsley to the zuchini
- Whisk the eggs a bit and add it to the mix.
- Add the feta cheese shredded too with your fingers.
- Mix all well. Add salt and pepper. Taste it.
- Add the flour and mix well. You should have a nice butter.
- In a deep pan, heat up the sunflower oil. Once it is hot, put a big spoon of the butter and deep fry until golden. Turn over and do the same.
- Remove the fritter from the pan and put it on paper towels to absorbe the oil
- Repeat the process until the butter is over.
This is my butter:#
And this is after frying:
To be honest, I think it didnt’t taste like the ones I tried last weekend, but it was good enough! Maybe more salt/pepper and one more courgette (total 3) and a bit less dill/parsley?