This is something I wanted to try from sometime. It is not my typical bread. I think I tried first time in a BBQ restaurant. I followed this recipe.
- 120g butter
- 1/2 bunch fresh sage + 1/2 bunch fresh thyme ( I used dried herbs I didnt have fresh)
- 180g plain flour
- 50g sugar
- 3 heap tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6g fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 180g yellow fine corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 350ml buttermilk ( I used milk + 2 tsp of white wine vinegar as I didnt have this)
1- Brown the butter in a hot pan. Retire add the herbs.
Preheat the oven at 200C
2- Mix all dry ingredients.
3- Whisk the eggs, add the buttermilk, then add the butter.
4- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Combine until there are no lumps.
5- Pour the mix in a dish oven (add a bit of butter to the surface so it doesnt stick)
6- Put in the oven for 25 minutes, top a bit brown. Be sure if you use a knife, it comes out clean. Then it is read.
7- Let it cool down and ready to eat!