I wanted to make a gnocchi dish for some time. I had a recipe at hand so I went for it. I used this video as a based for the gnocchi
Gnocchi in mushroom and asparagus sauce.
- 1kg of boiled potatoes
- 2 medium eggs
- 20g Parmesan cheese
- 150g plain flour plus dusting
Mushroom and asparagus sauce:
- a couple of garlic cloves
- 200g mushrooms
- 150g asparagus
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Parmesan cheese
- optional: lemon zest
- 1) You can boil or bake the potatoes. Let it cool down a bit until you can manage with your hands. Keep the water for next steps.
- 2) Put in a bowl, use a potato smasher to break them a bit.
- 3) Add the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix a bit .and then
- 4) Add the flour. You should get a ball. Be sure everything is properly combined.
- 5) Get a saucepan with boiling water and salt from the first step.
- 6) In your work surface, dust it with flour, device your dough in several parts. Roll each one until you have a flaute form. Add flour if it sticks too much. Cut them in small pieces
- 7) Boil the gnocchi until the float. Remove from water and let them cool down in a try (put some olive oil so they dont stick to it)
- 1) Fry the garlic in a sauce pan
- 2) Add chopped mushrooms and asparagus. Salt and pepper. And other herbs you fancy
- 3) Once the veggies are fried (medium-high heat), add the wine. It should evaporate quickly and form some brown bits in the pan.
- 4) reduce heat, add the chicken stock. Stir from time to time until thickens a bit.
- 5) Add the gnocchi to the sauce, with some pasta water. Be sure they are fully coated.
- 6) You can fry a bit the gnocchi, be sure there is sauce left!
- 7) Optional, add a bit of lemon zest.
- 7) Remove pan from the heat, and let cool down for a bit. Ready to eat!
I was surprised by the gnocchi, they were much better than the ones you buy. It was like small dumplings balls! Very tasty.