This makes approx 6 muffins.
- 110g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs mixed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- pinch of nutmeg
- Muffin cases
- Pre-heat oven at 200C
- Cream the butter and sugar. It should double in size and it should look like a cream. You shouldnt feel the sugar granes. This is slow and a bit painful 😛
- Slowly, add 1/4 of egg to the cream, mix until all combined. Add another 1/4 of egg, mix until all combined. Repeat until all egg is in.
- Add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix all well.
- Cover the mix and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare two cases per muffin if you dont have special muffin tray.
- Take a piping bag, you dont need any special head. Put the mix into the bag. Cut the tip of the bag, it should be 1.5cm max diameter.
- Pipe the mix vertically! (very important) on the bottom of the cases. Fill a bit less than half the case.
- Add blueberries on top of each dollop of mix. 5-6 blueberries.
- Then add another layer of mix on top of the blueberries. Remember to pipe vertically!. Fill until the top of the case. Add again 5-6 blueberries.
- Put the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes aprox or until golden on top.
- Before removing from oven, use a tooth stick and check it comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a bit.
- Optionally, you can use a bit of icing sugar on top for decoration.