Or “sand in the pocket” biscuits or just super tasty biscuits with a glass of cold milk.
- 340gr butter at room temperature
- 128gr icing sugar
- 50gr egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 380gr strong white flour (bread flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Glace cherries (for decoration)
- Pre-heat oven at 180C
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream the butter until pale and creamy. Then add the icing sugar.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla 1/3 at the time to the butter mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined, dont overmix.
- Using a pastry bag with a large star tip, pipe into 5-6cm wide circles into your baking tray.
- Decorate with glace cherries
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and well-browned in the edges.
- Let it cool down
Once of the best biscuits I have done. Very easy to make, quick and tasty! Sold.