This is a recipe recommended by a good friend. It has been a long time since I have baked my choco brownies but I decided to try this recipe as I had my homemade tahini.
- 100g butter
- 100g dark chocolate (85%)
- 15g 100% cocoa powder
- 3 large free range eggs
- 175g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 180g tahini
- 50g plain flour
- pre-heat oven at 175C. I used a rounded cake tin (26cm diameter – a bit smaller is better). Cover the whole tin with baking paper and use a bit of butter on top of the paper.
- In a sauce pan, at medium heat, melt the butter. Then remove from the heat, and add the chocolate and cocoa powder, whisking until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until properly mixed and thickens up a bit. Add the tahini, mix well. Then fold the flour.
- Take 1/2 of the tahini mix to a different bowl. The rest, add it to the chocolate mix. Fold until fully combined.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the cake tin, spreading evenly.
- Then add on top the reserved tahini mix, with a stick, swirl the mix so you have bit of the tahini mix inside the chocolate mix.
- Bake for 25m or less. Check the center is moist and sides are set. If not, bake for a couple of minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Cut in squares and try.
To be honest, mine were a bit dry, no moist enough so it is better to check early than leave it in the oven too long.
The taste is different, the tahini gives it a nutty flavour. It is not very chocolatey neither sweet. I need to try again.