When making hot chocolate at home, I used to use the pre-mix thing, the result was good. But this time, I wanted to make it from scratch and get the final hot chocolate I like when as a kid bought “churros”: thick, delicious hot chocolate.
So I have tried several methods, but I made my best result based on this video. Easy ingredients, easy process. Great result!
- 1/3 cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients and mik well.
- Put the mix at medium hit and stir from time to time. It will start to thicken up in 15 minutes or so. Be sure it doesnt stick in the bottom of the pan.
- Taste it, you may add some spoons of cocoa if it is too sweet.
- Once it is thick for your taste, remove from the heat and enjoy!
As a kid, sometimes I used hard bread with my chocolate. Good memories today!