Finished this week this book. ADHD is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I didnt know it was like your brain madurates more slowly than normal. of Something that is getting more diagnosed these days. Maybe we were like that when younger or even our parents still are. It quite interesting to see how strict is the society when you are not 100% fit for purpose. The education system is built for a common type of child even the interaction with others. If you are not one of that class, you are going to have a difficult time and the future is not going to be very bright neither. So quite challenging to be and live with ADHD. But there are ways to move forwards if you want. The author follows the 5 Cs to deal with this “challenge”:
- self-Control: If you lose your temper…. breath, meditate, step back.
- Compassion: Think how the person in the other side feels.
- Collaboration: Get the other side involvement in the decision making process.
- Consistency: The process is not just day. It is a long, slow process.
- Celebration: Yeah, acknowledge the good things. So the other Cs get stronger.
At the end of the day, you are not stupid, you have a different path for madurity and other skills.
At the same time I was reading this book, one day in the radio was this program about dyslexia. It was socking to know that about 50% of USA inmates were dyslexic… And again, it seems the end of the world… but in the program was an interview to one director from GCHQ saying that he was dyslexic and they were hiring for them. Why? Because they see and approach things in a different way.
So, at the end of the day, whatever you have, you can still move forwards in life. You dont need to be in the “normal” range of population/people.