This is a recipe that a very good friend recommend me but using smoky tofu instead of bacon. So I decided to give it a go:
- 1kg of fresh spinach
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250g of smoky firm tofu
- 150g of cheese (of your taste)
- 1 cup of rice (paella or risotto style)
- 1 can of tomate sauce
- 200ml of cream
- 1 cup of chicken/veggy stock.
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 3-4 eggs
- In big sauce pan, add boiling water and cook all spinach. They will reduce a lot. Once they are soft, drain the spinach and chopped them very thinly.
- In another sauce pan, add some olive oil and fry for a bit the chopped garlic cloves. Then add the rice. Fry everything for a bit, then add two cups of boiling water to the rice and let it cook at low-medium heat. Try to get it as much dry as possible to hep making the balls later.
- In a frying pan, add a bit of oil, at medium-heat. Add chopped onions, and fry until golden, then add chopped tofu. Fry everything, try to get a golden color from the tofu.
- In another frying pan, add the tomate sauce, stock and cream. Mix well, and let it cook at low-medium heat.
- In a big bowl, put the chopped spinach, rice, tofu and cheese. Mix everything very well.
- In one plate/bowl add the flour and in another the whisked eggs.
- In the small frying pan, some a bit of oil and heat up. You dont need to deep fry.
- From the spinach mix, start making some balls, then pass them through the flour, cover properly, remove any excess and the pass through the eggs.
- Then in the small frying pan, put 3-4 balls and fry them until golden in all sides. Them add to the tomate sauce mix.
- I filled the tomate sauce pan with spinach balls, so I used the left over and did some other balls and “omellete”.
- Keep the spinach balls in the tomate sauce until it thickens up a bit.
- Then you can remove from the heat, and ready to eat!
The recipe is very tasty. I didnt manage to get a good ball form, I think my rice was a bit too wet? In the video the balls look super rounded. But anyway, I had a good lunch the whole week!