I can agree that 2020 hasnt been the best year ever with all the issues happening: racial violence, USA political turmoil, coronavirus, etc. But I need to look at the bright side:
- Got a job offer in Jan 2020 that opened doors to very interesting changes in my life.
- Got a visa for a new country
- Leave my old job
- Stay out of work for two months, learning a lot “working” from home.
- Start this blog
- Reading more books than other years
- Visit Sofia (Bulgaria), Porto, Nazaret and Batalla (Portugal)
- Remind my Karate
- Fitter than ever (no injuries, more days training)
- Passed Kubernetes CKA
- Cold showers + breathing routines
- More scheduling than to-do list
- Cooking many new things.
- Saving a lot
- Helping family
- Friends are doing well.
- Focus in my mental well-being
- Start a new job
I cooked a vegan dish last night for a friend. It is a mix of something similar I did some time ago but now with mushrooms and red wine.
- 300g mushrooms shredded via food processor
- 1 small potato cut in small slides + olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can of passata (tomate sauce)
- oregano + salt + pepper + splash red wine vinegar
- 1 can of mix beans
- red wine (100ml)
- 2 small pieces of dark chocolate (85%)
1- In a saucepan, heat some oil, add the potatoes and red pepper. Fry them. Keep stirring so they dont stick in the bottom.
2- Add the tomate sauce, stir for a couple of minutes, adding the oregano, salt, pepper.
3- Add the mushrooms.
4- Add the can of beans, keep stirring. And add the red wine
5- At no low-medium heat, keep stirring form time to time. Sauce should thicken up and not stick in the bottom. Taste, add salt/pepper if needed.
6- 10-15 minutes later, taste. Check pepper and beans are soft. Add chocolate, it should melt quickly and darken the sauce.
7- Remove from the heat, and serve in bowls!
To be honest, it was tasty, not difficult and quick.