This is a kind of snack dessert that I had in mind for a long time. I found this recipe and decided to give it a go.
- 225g oats
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 medium egg
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 50g walnuts chopped
- 400g frozen berries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholemeal flour
- Preheat oven at 180C. Prepare a square ovenproof dish. Use a bit butter or oil to spread the bottom.
- Mix dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder and in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients: honey, egg and sunflower oil in another bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Transfer 2/3 of the mix into the dish. Press down firmly with a fork so you have a consistent layer. Bake for 15m
- In a saucepan, put the filling ingredients. Cook at medium heat for around 5 minutes until the berries are tender and it is close to a marmalade.
- Pour the berries over the baked oat base.
- Add the walnuts to the oat mix leftover. Then pour the mix over the berries. Try to press a bit with a fork again the top layer so you get a uniform cover.
- Bake for 20m or golden. Then let cool down, cut into pieces, enjoy and to the fridge!
To be honest, the picture from the recipe looks better than mine but I am still happy with the result!