This is nothing new. I have made gazpacho for several years, it always taste nice but somehow I felt it wasnt as good as the ones I tried back home. And to be honest, I never bothered looking for a video…. I followed kind of the recipe from Simone Ortega.
But yesterday, I did my best by far!!! The difference, just three super ripe and juicy tomatoes!!! They filled nearly half of my jar of the blending machine with juice once I crashed them a bit… So this is just a note for the next time. Buy good tomates, they are a bit more expensive, but they are worth every f* penny Mazinger.
- 3 super ripe/juicy tomatoes. Peel them
- 1 red pepper, try to peel it
- 1 green pepper, try to peel it
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber, peel it.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- salt + pepper
- 1-2 tbs of vinegar
- 100ml olive oil (aprox)
- a bit of paprika
- splash of water (optional- not necessary with good tomatoes)
- Put everything in the blender. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Taste it !!! Needs a bit more salt? olive oil?
- Put the jar in the fridge.
Enjoy it chilled! (or add an ice cube)