I tried some time ago Baba Ghanoush while having lunch with friends and I liked, it was a nobility for me as I could try something else apart from Humus. So sometimes I have mixed grilled aubergines with chickpeas and it produces a bit smoky (and darker) humus. But two weeks ago, I tried again from a different place and I was really shocked, it was so different, so tangy. I decided to find a good recipe and try at home. So I found this video:
- 2 Aubergines (roasted)
- 1 tsp chopped or grated garlic
- 4-5 tbsp of Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Olive oil
- Pomegranate (optional)
- Two ways for roasting the aubergines. One, stab the aubergines with a knife and wrap in foil. Bake in oven for 40m at 175C. Second, halve the aubergines, spread a bit of oil and bake in oven for 40m at 175C, but check they dont burn! I did the second method but I will try the first one too.
- Take the aubergines from the oven, scoop the meat and with a knife, chop it as much as you can. I think this is very important. I didnt you the food processor at all.
- Then put the chopped/grilled aubergines in a bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- You can server as it is or add a bit of pomegranate seeds and olive oil. I only added olive oil
When I tried, I was impressed, it was like the one I tried! I guess the yogurt and lemon are key! Congrats to the chef in the video!
Very easy recipe and super tasty!!!